Let’s answer a few quick questions and get our prices!
Commonly Asked Questions
What happens on your Driving Lessons?
A breakdown of what happens on my driving lessons. Our driving lessons are recommended for 1 to 2 hours. This is of course depending on your driving standard.
- We will assess your level of driving experience
- Pin point bad habits and focus of amending them
- Get you familiar with the gear stick and the clutch
- Help with finding the bite to stop hopping
- Check your knowledge of the Rules of The Road
- Teach you the best way to memorise Road Signs
- How to point out everything Under The Bonnet
- Show the tester your car’s Secondary Controls
- How to act and present yourself to a RSA tester
- Explain how the RSA tester grades your full test
- Master the Reverse Around The Corner
- Hill Starts, Turnabouts & Roundabouts
What do I need to start my driving lessons?
Before you can start your driving lessons you need to have a driver permit (provisional driving licence). Before you can get a permit you will need to apply and pass your your theory test.
You can obtain a theory test application form from the RSA by clicking here.
Provided you have a valid permit (driving licence) you can start your driving lessons with us at Get In Gear Driving School.
How much do driving lessons cost?
The price of our driving lessons can be found here. To avail of these prices you must make payment in full at the time of your first driving lesson. We take deposits to secure your driving lesson slot. This can be arranged over the phone with your designated driving instructor.
How many Driving Lessons do I need?
This is a question that we get asked time and time again and it's rightly so. Because learners like yourself want to have an idea of the cost thats going to be involved by doing lessons and what type of timeframe your looking at. But the answer is always the same.
It depends. It depends on you the learner. Each and every one of us is different. Some take to driving a lot quicker than others. After the first 1 or 2 maybe 3 lessons we should have an idea of how many lessons you may need.
The average total of driving lessons anyone should need is around 35 to 45 hours of lessons to be driving test ready. It is also recommended that you practice in your own time.
Do I need to do Essential Driver Training?
If your first learner permit for a car is dated on or after 4th April 2011, you must complete EDT. All learner drivers must have completed EDT before they can sit a driving test.
How long does it take to complete the driving test?
The full driving test can usually take up to 40 minutes to complete. Sometimes it might go over and sometimes it might be shorter. It's all going to depend on the tester on the day.
Choosing the right Driving School for you!
Do not take learning to drive for granted. Yes there are plenty of Driving School's all across Dublin offering EDT driving lesson "deals" and "cut-prices" but be WARNED that you will be getting exactly what you paid for.
Things to look out for:
- Is the Instructor RSA ADI approved?
- Have they plenty of Experience?
- Do they have a good track record?
- Question the price, why so cheap?